Research and Development
R&D is a vital aspect of The Odyssey Group International’s core business model. We generally intend to commercialize our products, after completion of development and any required regulatory approvals, primarily through one of three methods: (i) a sale of the technology; (ii) licensing of the product to a manufacturer or distributor or; (iii) by manufacturing, marketing and directly selling the products ourselves. We expect this model to provide several advantages to our stockholders, including: (i) a more efficient and effective research and development process; (ii) a quicker time to market with a distinguished go-to-market model after completion of development; and (iii) the value-added growth to the hub company, The Odyssey Group International, through commercialization and subsidiary spin-off for maximum returns to the company and its shareholders.
CardioMap – A Medical Device Technology Asset Subsidiary
CardioMap depicts disease or stress levels, along with current heart conditions as a 3D image supplementing the line
drawing electrocardiogram (ECG), but with device sensitivity that surpasses standard ECG analyzers by 7 to 50 times. It is
highly portable and provides a rapid analysis in 30 or 60 seconds. The device is connected through the Internet to the
central server that converts the electric conductivity of the cardiac tissue into a three-dimensional, color-coded and easy to interpret
visual portrait. Regular use of the CardioMap® enables early detection of heart abnormalities.
- Since inception in 2003, over 34 different clinics performed their independent clinical trials on more than 8,000 patients
with verification of HeartVue™ conclusions compared to results of other surveys.
- CardioMap®, HeartVue™ and their modifications are acknowledged for use as medical devices in the European Union
(certificate EuroCAT GmbH / CE 0535).
- With its advantages and ease of use, CardioMap® can not only penetrate the existing $110B medical device industry in
traditional health care spaces, but can also expand the market segment to include preventive medicine in remote or nonhospital
- The creators and scientific team for CardioMap® continue to work with the Company to continually iterate upon and
improve this technology, while simultaneously conducting ongoing research and development to identify new medical
device technologies and applications.
- Company has secured international distribution agreements with large medical device companies and also plans to
distribute in North America through its direct sales channels.